Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's new



Well, here we are in August. Summer break is coming to an end. I hate for my boys to return to school, however, I'm looking forward to not having their little friends hanging around our house as much. For being boys, there sure is a lot of drama.
This week we have to go the school for registration. Then the first day of school is August 25th. Justin will be a 4th grader and Kyle will be a 1st grader, meaning they'll both be at school all day. That will take some getting used to! Jason took the boys to register for their bowling league yesterday. They start this coming Saturday. Kyle will be bowling without bumpers. I'm sure he'll improve quickly. Next week Justin has an appointment with the eye doctor. I'm pretty sure he'll be returning to school with glasses!
Jason is finally running again. He was quite the track star in high school but hadn't run since then. I actually wanted to start too, so we went out together after I found a beginner's plan. After going out two times, I injured my knee somehow. It became swollen and stayed that way for a week. It's much better now, but I think I'll stick to walking and bicycling. I was really afraid I had a torn ligament, which would NOT be cool. Jason is hooked on running already and looks forward to going. Justin ran with him the last couple times. We've all been going to a nearby path that goes around Renwick Lake. Tonight I took some pictures. The weather has been so pleasant lately making it very enjoyable. We don't stay together the whole time, but it's nice to go as a family.

No comments: