Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Master bedroom re-do




I finally got mine and Jason's bedroom redecorated. It was this sage green color with navy blue accents. I had done it a couple years ago and it started to look stale to me. A couple months ago, I found a red comforter that I liked. I knew it wouldn't look good with the green paint, so I'd have to choose something neutral. I decided on just a light colored neutral mushroomy sort of color and chocolate brown for an accent color. After I painted all the walls this light color, it was very plain looking. I knew I was going to use a stamp or a stencil to liven it up. I found a wall stencil that I loved. It's a scroll design on an 18" square. I chose to use it on the largest wall in our room which is 15 feet long (because I'm insane). I think it took me about 12 hours total. Fortunately I'm very happy with the result!

There's Emma enjoying the new comforter. Red is not a good color for hiding cat hair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kath, I love it. The stenciling matches your scrolly lamp and I love RED. But, seriously, 12 hours?? You're insane! :)