Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm still here

I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I just found Facebook. I use it to update and don't have to type as much as I do on my blog. This was more fun when I first started it. Now I feel like all I do is talk about what room I painted and my sons' good grades. That's what my life revolves around. However, my mom requested that I post something and no matter how old I am, I have to listen to her.

I'm enjoying autumn. I love the cool weather, my fall decorations, wearing sweatshirts, and the smell of my pumpkin spice candles. I'm listening to the boys running around outside with their friends right now. The weather is beautiful today so they need to be out while they can! Soon after dinner the sun will set and it's homework time.

Justin and Kyle have had another great start to the school year. The lowest grade on Justin's progress report was a 94% and he has the highest reading level in his class. The only downside is that although we're proud of him, we're not surprised. Kyle is coming home with excellent grades on all his papers despite being in the accelerated program.

Hopefully we'll be getting out to one of the state parks this month. We try to do a nature walk this time of the year when the leaves are changing. It's nice that the boys appreciate things like that. My brother, Tony is going to Ohio this weekend for a marathon. He hopes to qualify for Boston this time. I wish him the best!!! Then in November, he's participating in the New York marathon. Pretty cool!

I also need to have a moment of silence. Today is the day the I totalled my car back in 1995. It was my green '95 Mustang. I was fortunate enough to walk away from the accident, but at the time that car was really important to me. It was my first big purchase after college.

That's all for now. In a few weeks it'll be Halloween, so I'll have pictures of the boys in their wizard costumes that my mom is making. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Now that wasn't sooo bad was it, Thank You, your nagging mother