Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ribfest




Tonight we visited the annual Ribfest in Naperville. We spent about $80 to sit on a blanket and lawn chairs while eating dinner. We figured it was worth it with Justin's new love of ribs and BBQ sauce. He's nine years old now, but I still get excited when I see him enjoying food because of how he was when he was younger. He never wanted to eat and if I got him to eat, I'd make him keep eating and sometimes he would actually vomit. I was so frustrated! I even had to take him to the doctor for monthly weight checks because he wasn't on the percentile chart. I eventually got tired of it and stopped. We were sure he was healthy and still growing, just not a chubby toddler like most. He's still very thin, but loves to eat! And Jason and I love to see him eat! Anyway, he really enjoyed the ribs tonight. His face and hands were covered in sauce. Kyle and I don't care for ribs. He opted for pizza. Jason, Justin and Kyle's other favorite part of Ribfest is that they have funnel cakes there. Every summer, Jason tries to eat as many funnel cakes as he can. Since they're only available at carnival type events, I think his record is only five.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Funnel Cakes are on a list of things not to eat at carnivals, fests, etc. according to Channel 9 AM news. Toooooo much fat and calories!

Kathy said...

People that are watching fat and calorie intake probably don't go to carnivals! But fortunately I didn't eat it!