Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I was greeted this morning by Kyle shortly after I woke up. He came up to me and whispered "Happy Thanksgiving" (we were upstairs and Jason and Justin were still sleeping). When I was his age, I wouldn't have remembered so quickly that it was a holiday, and I would've been in bed til at least noon.
I started out the Thanksgiving weekend by watching one of my favorite holiday movies last night: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. It stars Steve Martin and the late John Candy. I believe it came out in 1987. If you haven't seen it, please do! It's one of the funniest damn movies you'll ever see, but it has a touching moment at the end, too.
Later today, we'll be going to my sister-in-law's house for dinner with Jason's family. Justin cannot wait for his turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy! He's skinny, but he LOVES his food! I'm the only one in our house that has anywhere to go tomorrow. I have to work, but at least I won't be tempted to go out shopping. We'll continue our weekend festivities on Saturday when we do our Christmas decorating. Justin and Kyle are really looking forward to putting the ornaments on the tree. It's so much fun to see all the ornaments they've made over the years. I'm thankful that we invested in a prelit tree a couple years ago. All we have to do is find all the plugs instead of me trying to evenly distribute the lights. That means we can move on to the fun parts more quickly!
Anyway, I have a lot to be thankful for, not just today, but everyday. I want to wish all my family and friends a happy Thanksgiving! To those I will not be with today, I will be thinking of you. That includes my family that will be celebrating in other places and those that aren't "here" with us anymore.

1 comment:

Tony said...

What's with the profanity? I thought this was a G-rated blog!