Monday, December 1, 2008

Tis the season


Well, here we are in December. I really don't know where the time goes! It feels as though the boys just started their summer break and now they're almost half-way through the school year. Until I invent a way to slow time down, I guess I just have to go with the flow.
With the holidays on the way, this month is a busy time for most people. In our house, busy is an understatement! Not only do we have to prepare for the holidays, but we have three birthdays to celebrate as well! Yes, three out of the four people in our house were born this month. I'm first. I'll be turning the big 3-5 on the 16th!!! My baby will be seven years old on the 21st (sniff, sniff). Again, I don't know how this happened so quickly. Then, on the 28th, Jason will be 38. He was only 19 when I met him, and I recall his 20th birthday (that was the winter before we started dating.) I'm pretty sure that Kyle is the only one that's looking forward to his birthday. And we have some big plans that he doesn't know about.
We did our Christmas decorating this past weekend. The boys knew we'd be putting the tree up on Saturday night, so they were extra hyper that day! We didn't even bother to tell them to calm down because we knew they couldn't. Our tree is beautifully decorated with ornaments that are all different from each other. Every year, Jason and I buy an ornament for each of the boys. They get to pick out the one they want. That's why we have things like a shark, a lobster, a penguin, an ice cream sundae, school buses, and a BBQ grill on our tree! We also have all the ornaments the boys have made over the years. Lots of things with their school pictures on them. I just love those. To top it off we got a couple inches of snow yesterday which made our decorating complete.

No comments: