Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a girl!!!



That's what my mom and dad were announcing on this day 35 -years ago! Yes, today is my 35th birthday. My only consolation is that people tell me that I don't look that old. Not only that, but I can honestly say that I am happy with my life. I have a husband who loves me to grow old with, two sons that make me SO proud, a nice home full of pets, and many other family and friends that enrich my life.
These pictures were taken when my mom and I got home from the hospital. Back in the old days they made you stay there for a week! (I'm glad that was changed!) So I came home for the first time just before Christmas. That's my 25-year old dad holding me. Look at that bottle!
I think this is the coldest weather I've had on my birthday. The temperature right now is like 7 degrees and below zero with the wind chill! So now I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and sit in my nice warm house by the Christmas tree. And be 35.

5 comments:

jason said...

Happy Birthday, Hon! I love you and I'm proud to call such a young-looking woman my wife.

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Kat, my daughter, my best friend, my Starbucks coffee partner, a wonderful mother, wife and CVT. I am soooo proud of you and your brother (just in case he reads this). Have a wonderful day!

amy said...

Happy Birthday, Kathy! Yes, 35 stung a little bit. But my mother always tells us, when we complain about our age, "You're all babies compared to me!" Hope you're enjoying the snow!

Tony said...

You're still a bunghole.

ChrisO said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! I hope you enjoyed the day.