Monday, December 29, 2008

Santa's visit, etc.





Okay, time to backtrack a little. Now that we're done with Christmas and the birthdays of this month I have some time to go back.
First, I have a photo of our Christmas tree complete with wrapped presents surrounding it. Next is picture of the snacks we left for Santa on Christmas Eve. Both the boys had questions for him, so they left notes. In the past when Santa visits, he has left a letter for them. One year he had to explain to Justin that some pieces of one of his gifts were missing. Santa was pretty sure they fell off the sleigh in Ohio! Anyway, Santa took the notes from Justin and Kyle and left his letter answering their questions. Justin wanted to know if the elves are adults or children. Santa said both. He said he gets a lot of good toy ideas from the child elves, of course! Kyle wanted to know what state Santa goes to last. The letter stated that Santa starts in Maine and moves towards California. That's Justin and Kyle amongst the toys they received from Santa on Christmas morning. And of course, they started assembling some Lego sets that morning at the kitchen table.
The boys are looking forward to ringing in the new year in a couple days. They don't usually stay up til midnight, so it's a big deal for them. I don't stay up that late either and don't care to just because a new year is starting. I still have to get up early on January 1st to tend to my pets, so I need my sleep.
Starting this blog was one of my accomplishments in 2008. I'm glad I did it! It's been fun and I hope my family and friends enjoy it as much as I do. I plan to keep posting in 2009, so keep checking in!

No comments: