Saturday, October 25, 2008

Countdown to Halloween










I thought it would be a cool idea to post pictures of past Halloweens. Justin and Kyle have had a lot of cute costumes over the years. The cutest being the ones they wore when they were younger. Those are the ones my mom made for them. She would still make their costumes, but there aren't patterns for the things they want to dress up as now that they're older.
So here we have Halloween 1999, the pea pod. Justin was almost 8 months old. I had always loved the idea of this costume. It was a nice warm costume for a baby made mostly of a felt material. Unfortunately, it was a very warm day. My mom made the peas detachable which made putting Justin in his car seat easier.
In 2000, when Justin was about a year and a half old, he was obsessed with Blues Clues (it's fun to tease him about wanting to watch it now!). It was only appropriate to dress him up as the star of the show for Halloween. My mom took a regular dog costume pattern and used blue material. Then she made the ears extra big. I like his little blue nose.
The last one for today is Halloween 2001. I was very pregnant with Kyle and Justin was two and a half years old. He LOVED signs, especially STOP signs!!! Therefore, we dressed him up as one. He loved it and continued to wear it around the house for the next couple months.

No comments: