Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2008





Today was the big day! One of the most exciting days of the year for kids. Justin and Kyle are allowed to have candy whenever they want. But there's nothing like putting on a costume that you love and having a huge pile of candy to sort through at the end of the night. Not to mention deciding what to eat first!
I guess this is the first year that Justin was kinda scary. Maybe not scary, but freaky. He just loves the new Joker from the Dark Knight, even though he hasn't seen the movie. His costume came with an awful plastic mask, so we decided it would look better if he had a wig and I did his make-up. I sat him down in front of our computer, found a picture of Heath Ledger as the Joker, and copied that look onto Justin's cute little face. He really liked how I made him look! Justin carried a joker playing card around to use like a business card.
Kyle went with Darth Vader. Being that I'm sort of a Star Wars geek, I was happy about that. I think he was the skinniest Darth out there. It was nice that the weather was so warm today so Kyle didn't have to have pants under his costume. (In the picture above, Kyle is using the force to choke someone with his hand, just like in the movies.)
My first blog countdown is now over. I had a lot of fun posting everyday and remembering the past NINE years. I'll have to think of something else to countdown. Until then, I hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments: