Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY, JUSTIN!!!


Here he is on the morning of his 10th birthday. Justin woke up with a smile on his face today happy to be in the double digits. (That's a new Lego shirt he's wearing, just got it this morning.)
When you talk about something being ten years from now, it seems like a long period of time. However, ten years of your child's life seem to fly by too quickly. I know I say this ALL the time, but I just can't get a grasp on how fast time seems to go now that I'm older. I wouldn't want to go back, though. Not only do I not want them to be babies anymore, but I couldn't risk either of my sons turning out any differently than they have so far. I could be nervous that Justin is entering a new phase in his life with more challenges, but I'm confident that he will come to his dad and I for advice and continue to make good choices.
When I took the boys to school this morning, I walked them inside to help bring in Justin's cupcakes. On the way down to his classroom, he told me that since he'd be in there early he could help his teacher get the room ready. Always helpful, even on his birthday. Needless to say, he's a great student and very responsible. He's also got a crazy sense of humor that cracks me up! Justin is an awesome kid!

Happy 10th birthday, Justin! You're one of the two best sons ever and I love you SO much!!!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Justin is wonderful young person, much like his Uncle Tony. Happy 10th Birthday Justin. I love You Lots, Grandma B.