Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's been awhile



As far as I'm concerned summer is over. For me, it ends when school resumes. I'm enjoying this cool weather and have my fall decorations out. That include pumpkins, but only those without faces. Those with faces will come out in October. We're already discussing Halloween costumes around here. And as you can see, my pets are enjoying the sunlight.

The last week of August flew by and I feel like it was a really long time ago. The boys started school that week and we also had to say good-bye to my grandma. Justin and Kyle had never been to a wake and funeral before. Justin took it pretty hard. He was very emotional. It was sad to see him that way, but I was glad to see that he realized the seriousness of the situation. As if there wasn't enough going on that week, Kyle's betta died. He had that fish for three years!

I'm happy to report that the school year has gotten off to a good start. Kyle has adjusted well to being at school all day and Justin is doing well with his glasses. It's cute how they can discuss lunch and their elective classes with each other now. They even managed to bring home a virus already! This week we have curriculum night at the school. We already know Kyle's teacher. She's the same first grade teacher that Justin had. She's the one that hugged me on conference night and thanked me for having such a wonderful son. I predict the same for this year...

Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this page to see the gadget I added to my blog: Random cat of the day. It's from a pet of the day website. I don't know these cats, but some are pretty cute and I found humor in the title.

No comments: