Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oops!!!

Well, this new year is not off to a good start for my mom. This afternoon while she was at work she managed to dislocate her shoulder. She was on a short stool and had a foot on a low shelf in order to put some papertowels up on high shelf (we short people have to live dangerously sometimes). The shelf her foot was on gave out and she was hanging by her right arm for a moment. That's how I understood the story. Mom, if you're reading and this is incorrect, please comment. She immediately knew something wasn't right, whether it was a break or a dislocation, so off the the ER she went.
After seeing an x-ray, the doctor knew it was dislocated. Then my mom was sedated for a few minutes while they "popped" it back into place. When she woke up it was still achy, of course, but felt better having it back in the right place. A little while later she was released with her arm in a sling of some sort. She has to follow up in a few days with an orthopedic doctor.
Sitting still isn't an easy thing for my mom to do, but I know she doesn't want any complications, so she'll be taking it easy. She bruises pretty easily so I'm sure she'll have a good one from this. And while I wish her a quick recovery, I'm not too concerned because I know what a strong woman she is!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

everything is...as it was,except i dont expect the new year to go this way....i just merely got it out of the way

jason said...

Way to go, Lefty!