Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update on my mom


It's been three weeks today since my mom dislocated her shoulder. She's recovering quickly as I expected. Today she had a recheck appointment with her orthopedic doctor. He was pleased with her improvement. My mom will continue her physical therapy three times a week for the next month. She's allowed to return to work tomorrow if she wears her sling to remind herself not to use her right arm too much (otherwise she hasn't been wearing it). She's anxious to get it back her muscles back to normal, but knows she can't rush the healing process.
That's a picture of my mom's elbow. It's pretty nasty. Apparently that bruise started at her shoulder and is making it's way down.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That kinda looks like it should be Justin's knee!

Kathy said...

No, that would be your elbow, maam.